Friday, May 20, 2005

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Just watched last part of Star Wars prequel trilogy, Revenge of the Sith, courtesy of Mr Goh, General Manager of my company and his wife Rosemary, at Golden Village cinema Great World City. Personally I am not a fan of Star Wars, but my another colleague is a enthusiasm of Star Wars movie. He kept reminded us that when "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." appears at the beginning of the movie, we should clapped. Indeed a lot of people clapped. This was the first time I encountered such a strange situation. Applause given even before watching the movie (I don't watch other Star Wars movie in cinema).

I personally felt the Star Wars: The Return of the Sith is just okay only. It's a very interesting movie, with all those special effects and awesome fighting scenes. But I felt that the movie moved too fast, and tried to squeeze too many stories into it. The turning of Anakin Skywalker to the dark side is not very convincing to me, so does his love to Padmé Amidala. The film simply does not portray his feeling and thought deep enough.

The movie runs for about 140 minutes. And I saved some taxi money as Mr Goh and wife were so kind again to give me a ride. Anyway, watch the movie, to be part of the history.


Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith movie poster

No comments: